Cook Compression is the only resource you need to enhance the performance horsepower compressors made by any manufacturer, in any service, anywhere in the world.
From precision-crafted metal plate valves to the latest patented designs with non-metallic internals, Cook Compression offers valve solutions that substantially increase reliability and efficiency while reducing your life cycle costs. Cook innovation includes the original radiused-disc Manley® series valves, patented cartridge-design MOPPET® series valves and Optima™ series plate valves. In addition to complete valve assemblies, Cook manufactures plates, discs, rings, buttons, poppets, damper plates, spring plates, leafsprings and other metallic and non-metallic components for any make or model valve.
Manley ® Compressor Valves
Since its introduction in 1971, the Manley valve has set standards that have revolutionized the compressor valve industry.
Once considered radical novelties, the unique features of the Manley valve (and the dramatic successes they have produced) have now been widely imitated throughout the world. The reliability and efficiency improvements delivered by the Manley valve are the result of several proven principles:
- Radiused, concentric discs provide more efficient gas flow
- Smooth flow path produces fewer restrictions
- Thermoplastic discs seal better than metallic plates
- Manley discs absorb more force than any other design
- Every valve is completely custom designed
Optima™ Compressor Valves
Optima Series plate valve assemblies and internal components are bespoke solutions for air and process gas compressors, as well as compressors in refrigeration, marine, locomotive brake, and specialty applications.
- Replacement plate valve assemblies and internal parts for any application
- Custom engineering for optimum performance
- Metallic and non-metallic materials
- ISO 9001:2008 certified manufacturing centers
- Advanced design and materials development
- Highly experienced valve engineering staff
- Sophisticated valve dynamics simulation, 3-D CAD modeling, linear and non-linear Finite Element Analysis
- Valve analysis, design, upgrades, conversion, and reconditioning services
Ring Damped Valve
The Ring Damped Valve is a new breed of plate valve for high-speed reciprocating compressors that lasts longer and reduces energy costs by up to 10% compared to conventional valves.
- Higher lift increases flow, cuts energy usage by an average of 10%
- Damping ring reduces impact forces for longer valve life
- Precision-engineered springs ensure timely closing
- Standard threaded washer facilitates valve installation and removal
- Maximum flow is achieved through optimum combination of port row widths and pitch circles
- Reinforced plate material protects against impact fatigue
- Heavy-duty springs withstand high speeds and lifts up to 0.150 inch (3.8 mm)
- Superior materials provide high resistance to corrosion and wear
MOPPET® Compressor Valve
MOPPET valves provide outstanding reliability, even in the most demanding service. Optimized for each application, the MOPPET valve delivers consistently longer run times and reduces total life cycle costs.
- Superior reliability
- Rugged construction
- Commonality of parts from one compressor to the next
- Incremental cartridge replacement
- Wide application range
- Simple, on-site repair using only a hydraulic press
- Available with finger and plug unloaders
Valve Installation Tool
Protect workers and improve the efficiency of compressor valve installation and removal.
Compressor valve installation and removal is a leading cause of workplace injuries in gas compression operations. Awkward angles, heavy parts, hot, greasy surfaces and dangerous pinch points combine to increase the risk of serious injury to extremities and cause overexertion injuries from lifting, pushing and holding valves in place.
Now there’s a safer, simpler and more efficient way to handle compressor valves. The Cook Valve Installation Tool (V.I.T.) makes it easy to securely hold, move and align compressor valves when installing or removing them from the cylinder.
Easy to Use
Whether the valve is bottom- or top-loaded on the cylinder, the V.I.T. allows valves to be installed or removed safely. Typically in less than 10 minutes.
- Safe, fast and simple
- Protects parts from accidental damage
- Requires only one worker and overhead crane